Corn and Honey Pancakes
Corn and honey make a delicious combination in these quick pancakes
2 min read
- 170 g plain flour (or even better wholemeal or wheat flour)
- 15 g baking powder
- 35 g sugar
- 200 g sweet corn, cooked (or can of kernels)
- 250 ml ‘blue-top’ milk
- 30 g butter
- 2 eggs
- Runny honey to serve
- Make a puree with half of the corn, strain and set aside.
- Mix together the flour with sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, the corn puree and the remaining corn. Mix well.
- Cook in batches on a greased hot plate or in a large pan.
- Cook until brown on one side and around edge; turn and brown the other side.
- Serve drizzled with your favourite honey or for a more savoury option, enjoy these pancakes (or ‘corncakes’ as they say in America) with crispy bacon, a poached egg and some chunky chutney.