If you want the kids to start helping out in the kitchen, this delicious risotto recipe is a great place to start
2 min read
- 700g lean mince
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200g chopped bacon or ham (or beans and greens for a more veggie-friendly option)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Simply get the kids to put all the ingredients into a big casserole dish and place in a medium (180℃) oven for 45 minutes.
- The tomatoes and their antioxidant-packed juices cook the rice.
- The brown rice is low GI and low fat. So delicious!
- The meat just infuses all the flavours.
- If you prefer less meat, change the bacon to kidney beans and some green veggies like beans or celery.
- Top with garlic cloves in the last 10 minutes of cooking for a health boost.
- Kids also love grated cheese on top for a melt-in-your-mouth finish.