Video: Support in the Early Days
Kiwi mums discuss their experience with asking for support in the early days of motherhood, in this video from SKIP
Viewing time: 5m 14s
What you will learn:
- Various New Zealand mums describe their experiences with needing support during motherhood, particularly with a new baby.
- They explain that having family which can help out with chores makes a difference
- Asking for help can be hard but there’s no shame in this.
- Moved closer to family
- It’s ok to feel tired and frustrated and feel like you don’t even want to be a mum anymore – this is normal!
- Meeting up with other mums can really help – there are heaps of groups out there