Video: Healthy Nutrition During Pregnancy
Eating quality nutrients during pregnancy is important for you and your baby. This short video shares insights on nutrition during pregnancy
Viewing time: 2m 27s
What you’ll learn:
- Concerns about listeria can lead pregnant women to eat a lot of processed food, which has negative affects for mum and baby.
- Properly preparing food can avoid the possible contraction of Listeria
- Having a diet high in nutrients helps mum’s body during pregnancy and gives baby quality nutrition
- Eating lean proteins and, in particular fish, helps with iron – many women are deficient in iron during pregnancy
- Consuming high fibre wholegrains helps with the gut microbiome and avoid constipation
- Including dairy foods in mum’s diet can help alleviate future cows milk allergies in baby
- Water is essential so drink up!