A simple muffin recipe you can add almost any fruit or nut to
2 min read
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 small pears, peeled and chopped finely
1/2 cup yoghurt, plain
1/2 cup Rice Bran Oil
Optional topping mixture:
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Sift first six ingredients together into a large bowl and stir in the chopped pear.
- Whisk together egg, yoghurt, vanilla and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- If using the optional topping suggestion above, mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over each muffin
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until lightly browned