Video: How & When Should I Do Pelvic Floor Exercises?
Pelvic floor exercises are vital in pregnancy. This short video explains when and how to do them
2 min read
We have included this short video from the NHS in the UK as it gives great quick advice on pelvic floor exercises.
How & When Should I Do Pelvic Floor Exercises?
Viewing time: 1m 23s
What you will learn:
- Pelvic Floor exercises are really important in pregnancy – start them as soon as you find out that you are pregnant
- These muscles hold your pelvic organs (such as your bladder) in place
- The extra weight of your uterus in pregnancy puts strain on your body, and you risk developing incontinence
- To do the exercises, clench your muscles in quick succession 10-50 times, 3 times per day
- Or clench and hold for up to 10 seconds