Video: Follow These Safety Tips When Your Toddler Moves to Their Big Bed
Moving from their cot to a bed is a big change for a toddler. Follow these tips to ensure their new sleep environment is safe
2 min read
This video was produced by SidsandKids NZ
Viewing time: 1m 36s
What you will learn:
- When your child is attempting to climb out of their cot, it’s time to move to a big bed!
- Babies and young children have a high risk of falls so safety is absolutely key
- Position the bed away from wall
- If you can, use a toddler bed rather than an adult bed to reduce the risk of injury
- Or, use a clean, firm mattress on the floor
- Make sure the bedroom floor is always clear of toys and other things
- Pillows or toys shouldn’t be positioned around as they cause a risk of suffocation.
Read our article for more information about moving your little one from their cot to a bed.