Delicious & Easy Winter Veggie Soup Recipe
This winter veggie soup is a perfect kids-in-the-kitchen recipe for the school holidays
2 min read
- 25g butter
- 2 small red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 500g of your favourite winter veggies – we chose golden kumara, leek, parsnip, broccoli, yams and potato
- 1 packet of King soup mix (barley, carrot etc)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- Fresh or dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Turn the slow cooker onto high.
- Prepare your onions and garlic.
- Melt the butter in the slow cooker and add the onions and garlic.
- Prepare the veggies, peel and dice.
- Add the veggies to the onions and butter and stir.
- Pour in the soup mix.
- Add the stock, herbs and seasoning.
- Turn the slow cooker back to medium and leave for two hours while the kids play!
- Blend the soup with a liquidiser or serve as is, all chunky. We love the chunky style veggie soup.
Serve in individual soul bowls with fresh herbs and crusty, buttered bread.