Apricot and Brazil Nut Slice
This treat is quick, easy, delicious and the brazil nuts promote healthy eyes and brains in growing children
2 min read
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots (organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped brazil nuts
- 1 x 250g packet of digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut to decorate
- 100g butter
- 1 1/2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat 125g butter, brown sugar and condensed milk until the butter has melted. Do not boil.
- Add chopped apricots, cranberries and crushed biscuits. Mix well.
- Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
Ice with Lemon Icing:
- Beat butter until pale and fluffy. Add icing sugar, grated rind and lemon juice and sufficient water so that you have a fluffy light mixture.
- Spread over the slice and sprinkle with coconut. Set in your fridge. Cut into big squares.