Best Berry Smoothie
Trudi Nelson shares a simple, quick and super healthy treat that will boost you and your family
3 min read
Blueberries are an antioxidant delight and make for the perfect smoothie. Add yoghurt, more berries, chia seeds, bananas and whatever else you have on hand. In fact, add a dollop of the award- winning blueberry wholegrain yoghurt from Symbio for tummy health and balance and you’ll be on fire all day!
- 1/2 cup organic milk (or rice or almond milk for dairy free)
- 1 handful ice cubes
- 200g Symbio Pro Balance Blueberry Wholegrain Yoghurt
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup berries, frozen or fresh – or replace with your favourite seasonal fruit
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon NZ Manuka honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First of all, process the milk, ice cubes and yoghurt then the banana, extra 1 cup of chosen fruit, seeds, honey and cinnamon in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Then pour into two chilled glassed and serve ice cold!
- For brunch wow factor, serve with a sprig of fresh mint and a stick of skin-friendly cucumber.
- Substitute honey with maple syrup or raw sugar if you like a sweeter smoothie.
- Add extras such as cacao chips, grated lime rind, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, almond meal or other seeds for extra goodness.
- A halved kiwifruit with skin still on or feijoas whole are a great fibre addition too.
- A handful of fresh spinach whizzed in will go down a treat.
- Fresh blueberries sprinkled on top always looks and tastes great.
- Serving in a mason jar is always fun.