An easy, delicious recipe for pasta lovers everywhere
2 min read
- 300 g fettuccine (buy the best pasta you can afford)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 400 g skinless chicken fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (button or shiitake)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 150 ml cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet Mushroom Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped spring onions to garnish
- Cook your fettuccine following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add chicken, cook until browned. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, simmer for 1 further minute.
- Combine cream, water and soup mix. Add to pan, bring to the boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnut pieces, parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Season with black pepper.
- To serve, pour sauce over drained pasta and gently toss together. Serve immediately topped with sliced spring onions, a green salad and a glass of chilled Riesling (just a suggestion).