Video: This Is Where Your Pregnancy Weight Comes From
If you are wondering where your pregnancy weight comes from, you are not alone. This short video explains
We have included a video from the NHS in the UK as we think it best explains weight gain in pregnancy.
Viewing time: 1m 23s
What you will learn:
- Gaining weight while pregnant is completely natural and expected!
- Lots of parts of your body will change
- A baby is 7-8lbs when born on average – the size of small sack of potatoes!
- The placenta can be as big as your hand and will weigh about the same as a box of cereal
- Circulating volume of fluid in your body significantly increases in pregnancy which accounts for extra weight, too
- Putting on fat towards the end of pregnancy (around 3kg) is healthy and necessary to feed your baby
- This is all healthy and natural – you are growing another little human being after all