Video: Do You Need Supplements During Pregnancy?
Are supplements necessary during your pregnancy? Short answer – yes! Find out more in this video
2 min read
We have included a video from the NHS in the UK as it gives great advice on supplementation during pregnancy.
Viewing time: 1m 23s
What you will learn:
- Folic acid prevents birth defects
- Take 400 micrograms (mcg) daily from when you are trying to conceive up until 12 weeks gestation
- Vitamin D is needed for healthy bones
- Take 10mcg each day while pregnant and when breastfeeding
- Avoid Retinol and Vitamin A when pregnant (check your multivitamin!)
- Some women may need additional Iron and/or Vitamin B12 depending on the balance of their diet (e.g. vegetarians)
- Nutrition is important – speak to your midwife